– It’s so important to wash your wig at least once a week when wearing it everyday. It keeps it fresh, clean and looking good, using the specific shampoo and conditioner for synthetic or human hair wigs.
– Always handle your wig gently. Brush your wig with a wig brush before washing to remove tangles and spray build up.
– If wearing a synthetic wig follow the instructions by steeping your wig in warm soapy water for 5 to 10 minutes then rise well. – I do recommend to use balm after follow the same process as above.
– Always be sure to use the suitable product on your wig whether it is for human hair or synthetic
– If your wig is a bit too shiny, which happens with some synthetic hair, make sure to use a dry shampoo spray on it evenly to bring the shine down.
Personally, I feel that if the scalp and hairline look natural, you will go undetected as wearing a wig. A lace-front hairline and a monofilament top will give you a part and a natural look at the forehead. This is key.
Another tip: root colors make the biggest difference in making your wig look gorgeous. Even if the roots are only subtly darker, it will make a huge difference.